- Folding laundry.
- Wrapping presents.
- Ordering presents.
- Watering the Christmas tree.
- Cleaning the kitchen, the living room, the bedroom, the den, and my disgustingly messy car.
- Taking out the garbage, which is overflowing and has resulted in me putting a bag on the counter to house the excess.
- Contacting someone at my son's preschool regarding the upcoming auction.
- Taking a shower.
- Updating baby books.
- Putting photos in photo albums.
- Ordering photos still stuck on our camera.
- Following up about this summer's Cape Cod rental with the realtor who seems to refuse to call me back.
- Rolling over my two separate 401ks into an IRA (I have been meaning to do this for two years and am beginning to think I might just never do it).
- Figuring out how to get my kindle books onto our Ipad (thanks, Jodifur, for the tip!)
- Updating our address spreadsheet for holiday cards.
- Printing out address labels for holiday cards.
- Filling out Casey's paperwork for school (which he is starting January 2, aaaaaaa!).
- Scheduling an appointment for Braden to get his Hepatitis A vaccine, which I apparently never got for him and now the Board of Health says he can't come back to school in January unless he gets it. Oops.
- Paying bills.
- Opening a week's worth of mail, which probably includes more bills.
- Taking my calcium pills, which I just realized I forgot to take this morning, but it would involve me getting up to get a glass of water, and I'm thinking it's not going to happen.
- Probably a thousand other things I can't even think of.
So what am I doing instead?
I am laying in bed, in my pajamas, with a computer on my lap, typing this post. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is on in the background. And once I'm done with this, I plan to read Behind the Beautiful Forevers, a book about street life in Mumbai which I started last February but lost interest in and am now resurrecting because the New York Times says it is one of the best books of 2012 and I figure I should give it another chance.
Life at home isn't always so bad, you know? T minus 62 minutes until Casey wakes up...